If you received an email with a notice of upgrade then you will need to download the upgraded version of the plugin using the link provided. You will then need to uninstall the old version of the plugin following these steps.
- go to the plugins page in you websites admin section.
- find the law for websites plugin and click on the “deactivate” link.
- you will then have a “delete” link, click on this and then click on the yes “Yes, delete these files” button.
The law for websites plugin has now been removed from your site and you are ready to install the new version by following the instructions below.
After downloading the plugin using the link provided you will need to in stall it on your website as follows.
- from the plugins page in your websites admin section select “add new” and you will then be taken to the Install Plugins page.
- Click on the “upload” link at the top of the page.
- click on the “browse” button and select the lawforwebsites.zip file that you downloaded. Hint: it is most likely in your Downloads directory.
- click on the “Install Now” button.
That’s it, the law for websites plugin is now installed on you site, just one thing remains and that is to click on the “activate” link on the plugins page under “Law For Websites” plugin.
- select “law for websites” under the Settings tab from your admin section.
- In very rare cases where someone decides to take you to court over some issue with you website then you dont wont to have to travel overseas to a court in a foreign country so you will need to specify in your terms and conditions that if anyone wishes to take you to court they need to do it in a location that suits you. So enter the the state/territory and country where you wish any matters to be heard in the governing jurisdiction section.
- It would be great if every wordpress website had this plugin installed, so please tick the “Add Link back to LawforWebsites.info” check box to let others know where you got this awesome plugin.
- Press the save changes button.